The Heart of a King Online Devotional Study 4: Impacting Generations to Come





Karen over at Living Life is having a bible study. The Heart of a King. This week the topic is "Impacting Generations to Come"
To read it and participate, click here.

Here are my thoughts. (In italics.)
I love how Hezekiah had his own mind. He tore down every place that was used for sinning. He wasn't afraid, and he didn't serve the king of Assyria.
He followed the example of David. He trusted in the LORD. He clave to the LORD. He departed not from following him it says, and the LORD was with him; and he prospered everywhere he went.

Personal Reflections
1. Are there any areas of bondage in your life that are related to generational issues?
Some stubbornness and pride . I guess every family struggles with these issues, but they can become bondage.

2. Are you willing to be the one God uses to deliver your family from that bondage?
I try always to be willing. Its' not always easy. I believe that deliverance comes many times through just plain everyday ordinary example. Most times people follow what we do rather than just what we say.

I'll say yes Lord Yes
To your will and to your way
I'll say yes Lord Yes
I will trust you and obey
And when your spirit speaks to me
with my whole heart I'll agree
And my answer will be
Yes Lord Yes
.

3. Look up Philippians 4:13 and write it out.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

What does this verse tell us?
Thank God!! It tells us that we can do anything we need to do, because we are strengthened with Christ's strength.

How does it encourage you?
I am super encouraged by this for I know it to be the word of God. I know that according to these scriptures that God will always strengthen me in times of weakness. Whatever the weakness may be.
Psalms 37:39 says But the salvation of the righteous [is] of the LORD: [he is] their strength in the time of trouble.
I know that according to 2 Cor 5:21 , I have been made the righteousness of God in him (Jesus).

I thank God for giving us the chance to be saved. For the opportunity to be made the righteousness of God. He made it so that we not only have a way to go to heaven when we die, but that we can be strengthened even here on earth.
My prayer is that God will help me to be a good example so that I can impact our future generations for good.

Thanks Karen for this study.

Whatever changes need to be made in your life, Christ can strengthen you to take the steps necessary to make those changes. With man, things may seem impossible to accomplish. But with God all things are possible.

1 comment:

  1. When I think about Philippians 4:13, I am so encouraged to know that God can do the impossible. I don't have to do things in my own strength. Thank goodness! :)

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us today.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete