The Heart of a King Online Devotional Study 6: Our Compassionate God






It's time once again for Bible study. The topic this week is Our Compassionate God. Karen writes of Hezekiah's illness, of his prayer and of God's compassion.


Personal Reflections
1. Are you acquainted with this kind of sobbing? Yes or No
What was the circumstance or situation that led to your deep crying?

2. Look up each of the verses below in the New American Standard Bible and summarize what you learn about God’s lovingkindness and/or compassion.

* Nehemiah 9:17
We learn from this scripture that God is Gracious and compassionate. That He's slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness and won't forsake us.

* Psalm 86:5, 15
We learn here that God is good, merciful, gracious, and ready to forgive. Abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon Him.

* Lamentations 3:22-23
We learn here that His mercies never fails. They are new every morning: His faithfulness is great.

* James 5:11
The Lord is pitiful, and of tender mercy.

I thank the Lord that He's had such compassion and patience with me. His mercies are truly new every morning.

I'm reminded of the old hymn.

No one ever cared for me like Jesus
There's no other friend so kind as He
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me.
Oh how much He cares for me.

For more insight on this study visit Living Life.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful that God is so compassionate and patient with me too! The lyrics you posted to the hymn relate so well to our study today!

    ReplyDelete